Thursday, January 1, 2009

Not of Two Minds

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
Romans 1:20

There was an article this morning that grabbed my attention stating that the new year is being faced with trepidation and with hope. My answer: "Without God there is no hope; With God there is no fear." Therefore, there is no trepidation.

This is the substance of faith and trust. How can I have trepidation, fear, worrisome attitude and character if in my heart I have the assurance that God is protecting me, meeting my needs, and sheltering me from the fiery darts of the enemy?

We are taught in the Bible not to be unaware of how the enemy operates. We watch, pray, and remain connected with God through His Word and Prayer--our daily vitamins of strength.

As Christians, we must come to the place of not being double minded. Either God is our protector and supply, or the world politics and economy is our source. We cannot trust both. For me I will believe the report and Word of the Lord. [James 1:8]

May you continue to draw closer to Him who made and supplies all things, believing and trusting. The present situations of life will go and others come in, the world as we know it will change and other things take their place. BUT THE GOD of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; the GOD of the New Testament shall never change.

Remember: Everything begins with one word and one step; point yours in the direction of success!

A Fiery Flame For His Service,
Susan Storm Smith

No comments: