Friday, January 2, 2009

Do You Pray Amiss

"You ask, and receive not, because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts."
James 4:3
People are always asking why their prayers are not answered. There could be many reasons, but for this short message, James gives a great explanation. The word amiss in the Greek literally means to pray evil prayers. What could be so evil in what we ask of God to give to us? (Well, unless you're asking God to kill somebody or do harm).

Amiss is defined as diseased, grievous, and sick in the eyes of God.

In my Christian infancy, my guilt would be great in praying amiss--asking for the things of the world to be placed in my hands, thinking that those were the things that God really wanted to "lovingly" give to me. As I grew in maturity and study of the scriptures, I realized that God has a perfect plan for my life. It made sense then to ask God what it is I should be praying.

The closer the relationship in really seeking God's will in my life, the less I thought about the worldly attributes that had seemed so important. Another truth I found, my needs and desires are or could be very different from other people, even those close to me. That's okay. God's plan is individualized to accommodate the Kingdom which includes everybody.

Today if your prayers are not being answered (and you're sure they're not being answered), be encouraged to have a heart talk with God about your circumstances. Ask Him what His perfect plan is for your life, if there are things that need to be changed and how to do it. Take a step in the direction of success according to God's plan. It's worth the investment of your time and heart.

Need help or have questions, email me at info@mudministries.org all information is kept confidential.

Remember everything starts with one word and one step, point yours in the direction for success.

A Fiery Flame For His Service
Susan Storm Smith

No comments: