Saturday, February 14, 2009

Have You Considered?

"And the Lord said, 'Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household to give them their portion of mean in dur season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he comes shall find so doing." Luke 12:42-43 KJV

As I was reading this particular passage of scripture, verses 34-44, jmy heart leapt causing me to pause and consider my ways. Hopefully it will give you the same reaction in activity.

Jesus is speaking about the overseer of the house, not knowing which hour of the day or night that the thief would come to steal from him, but takes care to be on guard. Each of us have been given abundance from the Lord. Are we being good overseers over that portion that is ours to guard?

We think of the love we receive, perhaps this weekend will be a good time to reflect how we demonstrate our love and care over the things that He gives out of his bounties. We watch the news and what the government, banks, and other people are doing to our world governments, economies, and so forth, ...

...but do we take the same consideration over what God has given to us? And what will be our reward from the owner of the goods?

Today is a day that we should perhaps consider our ways that our deeds will be in right standing with the Lord, so that we will show ourselves as one on watch.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As much as I love my Father I
still must question myself to
ask,I'm I being a good overseer
of my portion.My answer sorry too say if I'm truly honest would be not as good as I should be.
Thank you for the post,really gets me to thinking.

Susan